My Life

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Vivien Leigh

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Comedy is much more difficult than tragedy-and a much better training, I think. It's much easier to make people cry than to make them laugh." -Vivien Leigh

"Every single night I'm nervous. You never know how the audience is going to react." -Vivien Leigh

"I adore dancing." -Vivien Leigh

"I always know my lines." -Vivien Leigh

"I am going to be a great actress." -Vivien Leigh

"I am working frantically hard rehearsing and studying a southern accent which I don't find difficult anyway." -Vivien Leigh

"I have taken a pill because I want to have a proper sleep and know I should be awake fretting dreadfully otherwise." -Vivien Leigh

"I've never slept much, ever. Since I was born, I haven't." -Vivien Leigh

"I know I am right for Scarlett. I can convince Mr. Selznick." -Vivien Leigh

"I'm not a film star, I am an actress. Being a film star is such a false life, lived for fake values and for publicity." -Vivien Leigh

"I'm not afraid to die." -Vivien Leigh

"You know the passage where Scarlett voices her happiness that her mother is dead, so that she can't see what a bad girl Scarlett has become? Well, that's me." -Vivien Leigh

"I've always been mad about cats." -Vivien Leigh

"It's a very hard life. The hours are different from the rest of normal living, and to be able to act well, you have to be in marvelous physical condition." -Vivien Leigh

"One is just an interpreter of what the playwright thinks, and therefore the greater the playwright, the more satisfying it is to act in the plays." -Vivien Leigh

"When I come into the theatre I get a sense of security. I love an audience. I love people, and I act because I like trying to give pleasure to people." -Vivien Leigh

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM , Blogger Hobbes said...

Too bad she was so messed up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home