My Life

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Jascha Heifetz

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"I occasionally play works by contemporary composers for two reasons. First to discourage the composer from writing any more and secondly to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven." -Jascha Heifetz

"If I don't practice one day, I know it; two days, the critics know it; three days, the public knows it." -Jascha Heifetz


"No matter what side of an argument you're on, you always find some people on your side that wish you were on the other side." -Jascha Heifetz

"Criticism does not disturb me, for I am my own severest critic. Always in my playing I strive to surpass myself, and it is this constant struggle that makes music fascinating to me." -Jascha Heifetz

"Can you appreciate music without playing it? Yes, you can. You can appreciate baseball without playing it. Many people attend a football game merely for the crowd, the excitement, the color." -Jascha Heifetz

"There is no top. There are always further heights to reach." -Jascha Heifetz

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM , Blogger Hobbes said...

A true perfectionist.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home